Wed, May 22, 2013 • Mostly Cloudy, and 63 ° F.
Scott County is a playground for young and old alike. Horse-lovers will dive right into our trail riding, horse shows, and wagon trains, while the adventure-minded will turn their trip into a treasure hunt by searching for geocaches.
Want to get up and go? Come to Scott County for tennis, golf, and cycling, and be sure to bring the kids to our playgrounds.
Scott County is home to trophy trout and endless hunting opportunities. Check out our fishing and hunting pages for more information.
Nature enthusiasts will revel in our hiking, paddling, and bird watching opportunities. Or stop by one of our farms to sample sun-kissed strawberries, pet a goat, and go for a hayride.
Scott County is one of the best places in the state to bag that trophy buck or bear. Every year, Scott County hunters bring in enough turkey and deer to place us on the state's top ten list.
Whether you're looking for trophy smallmouth bass, tasty trout, or a leisurely lakeside fishing trip, Scott County has the spot for you.
Looking for some swings and slides? Choose from five county parks and a state park.
Cyclists will be delighted by Scott County's scenic roads and trails.
From trail riding to horse shows at the Scott County Horse Park, equestrians will have a ball in the county.
Scott County's rivers, mountains, and forests offer a wealth of beauty and adventure to appeal to every taste. Come paddle our rivers, hike our trails, watch our birds, and visit our farms.
Turn your next visit to Scott County into a treasure hunt. Pull out your GPS and hunt down one of our many caches.
Scott County is home to a variety of great events for the whole family. Here are some events that are happening in the near future. Read More
Points Of Interest
Browse from the list below.
- Creation Kingdom Zoo is home to many rare and endangered species of animals from around the globe...
- Tennis Courts, Baseball and Softball Fields, Walking Trail, Picnic Areas, Beach Volleyball, Baske...
- Train and communications memorabilia
- Trailhead for the 24 mile Dungannon and Clinch River Scenic Road Tour. This route is known for i...
- Tennis Court, Basketball, Playground, Picnic Shelter, Swings
- Playground, Picnic Shelters, Walking Trail, Baseball and Softball Fields
- The Jefferson National Forest is prize Appalachia country: Tumbling waterfalls, rare wildflowers,...
- Baseball fields, Walking Trail, Picnic Areas, Playgrounds, Rest station with restrooms, War Memor...
- Stunning views of the natural tunnel, trails, bird watching, campground, swimming pool, chair lif...
- Game Room with Ping Pong and Foosball, Tetherball; 9 hole golf course, 6 picnic shelters, horsesh...
- Walking trails, tennis courts, picnic shelters, meeting room available for rental, tennis clinics...
- The SCRHA is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to the promotion of the horse industry i...
Browse from the list below. Scott County proudly supports all of our local and surrounding businesses.
- Creation Kingdom Zoo believes in conservation efforts to ensure certain animals will be available...
- hunting and fishing supplies and licenses. Hot and Cold Sandwiches, Soft serve Ice Cream, Soft Dr...
- full line of taxidermy services
- Small and large animal medicine and surgery. Dental care, preventative medicine, flea/tick medici...
- Horse Tack and farm supplies