Sat, December 7, 2013 • Cloudy, and 37 ° F.
Agritourism --- Strawberries, hayrides, and more
Scott County is a land of gently rolling hills sheltering rich valleys. From hay, corn, and tobacco to pastured sheep and organic fruits and veggies, farming is many Scott County residents' bread and butter.
A simple drive down our scenic roads turns into an event as you catch a glimpse of a doe browsing in a dewy hayfield. But don't stay in your car --- let our farmers invite you into their fields and living rooms!
The Punkin Patch offers family fun from September to October. Pick your own pumpkin, then enjoy a hay ride, corn maze, and petting zoo.
In the spring and summer, folks drive from miles around to eat the first, delicious strawberries at Mann Farm roadside stand. Don't miss their farm fresh vegetables either.
River Bluff Farm of Virginia is a unique hydroponic operation. Sample their fruits and vegetables at farmers markets, or pick your own on the farm.
If you're looking for a more educational activity without missing out on the fun, the Homeplace Mountain Farm and Museum is just the place for you. This eighteenth century replica farm brings to life the chores and challenges of surviving rugged mountain living with quilting, blacksmithing, weaving, pottery, and broom-making demonstrations.
Let yourself be drawn into Scott County's pastoral beauty --- we're a natural!
Support local farmers while enjoying your Saturday morning at Gate City Farmers Market!
Shop for fresh, locally grown produce in a terrific small town atmosphere!
Hair sheep are one of Scott County's newest agricultural endeavors. Delicious lamb can be bought at local grocery stores.
This family owned and operated farm serves local farmers markets and also provides a you-pick location. The farm is unique in Scott County since the produce is grown using a hydroponic system.
Small family farms are alive and well in Scott County.
Stop by this roadside stand for delicious produce, fresh from the farm.
Pick your own pumpkins, hay ridges, corn maze, petting zoo, and fall decorations. Family fun for all ages!
This beautiful route winds for 24 scenic miles along country roads in the heart of Scott County. Cyclists and motorists will revel in views of the Clinch River, waterfalls, and historical buildings spanning over 200 years.
From trail riding to horse shows at the Scott County Horse Park, equestrians will have a ball in the county.
Scott County is home to a variety of great events for the whole family. Here are some events that are happening in the near future. Read More
Points Of Interest
Browse from the list below.
- Creation Kingdom Zoo is home to many rare and endangered species of animals from around the globe...
- The Homeplace brings to life the chores and challenges of surviving rugged mountain living with q...
Browse from the list below. Scott County proudly supports all of our local and surrounding businesses.
- Small animal veterinary clinic
- The things you need for your Farm and Animals.
- We offer 12 to 15 varities of pepper plants, 15 to 20 varieties of tomato plants, Cole Crop plant...
- 1)Small Animal medicine & Surgery
- Plants (vegetables & flowers), ferns,baskets,potting soil,mulch,soil condioner,topsoil, and seeds
- Creation Kingdom Zoo believes in conservation efforts to ensure certain animals will be available...
- Bedding plants, both flower and vegetable, hanging baskets flowering and ferns.
- hunting and fishing supplies and licenses. Hot and Cold Sandwiches, Soft serve Ice Cream, Soft Dr...
- Grass fed beef-by the whole, side or by the package-usually in 1# packages unless roasts.
- Stop by this roadside stand for delicious produce, fresh from the farm.
- Farm Fresh Produce year round at retail and wholesale prices.Pumpkins,complete line of fall decor...
- Small animal clinic and veterinary services
- Small and large animal medicine and surgery. Dental care, preventative medicine, flea/tick medici...
- Horse Tack and farm supplies
- A variety of goat cheeses. We also raise a variety of livestock, and sometimes have some for sale...